DB Rock Drill Oil
Black Diamond Rock Drill Oil is a range of lubricants formulated with highly refined mineral oils and combination of additives , including extreme pressure,tackiness and antifoaming additives, rust and corrosion inhibitors, and emulsifiers. Designed for the lubrication and cooling of pneumatically operated rock drills in underground and surface-ming operations, they are also suitable for the lubrication of similar equipment in building and highway construction application. Available in seven viscosity grades : from ISO 32 to ISO 320
Black Diamond Rock Drill Oil is suitable for use in:
- Pneumatically operated rock drills used in both underground and surface-mining.
- Pneumatically operated drills, jack hammers and tampers used in highway construction and building.
- Rock drills used in quarrying.
- Percussion and rotary air-operated tools in other industrial uses.
Features and Benefits
- Good lubrication and cooling properties, along with excellent extreme pressure and antiwear performance, protect drill parts from wear, even under the severe conditions of continuous shock loading leading to longer component life.
- A tackiness additive provides excellent adhesive properties and ensures that the oil clings to moving parts and is not easily flung or washed off, giving lower oil consumption and longer drill life.
- Rust and corrosion inhibitors protect metal parts, even when constantly exposed to moisture or corrosive environments.
- Good emulsifying properties prevent water from displacing the oil and wetting metal surfaces, and so ensure a good oil film is maintained protecting surfaces against wear and also preventing corrosion.
- Available in a range of viscosity grades, to enable the selection of a single grade that will suit year-round use even where seasonal ambient temperatures vary widely.
- Meet the performance requirements of many rock drill manufacturers.
Product Data Sheet
|Black Diamond Rock Drill Oil|
|ISO Viscosity grade||32||46||68||100||150||220||320|
|Kinematic viscosity, ASTM D 445|
|cSt @ 40° C||32.0||46.0||68.0||100.0||150.0||220.0||320.0|
|cSt @ 100° C||5.34||6.72||8.61||11.1||14.61||18.44||23.69|
|Viscosity index ASTM D 2270||97||97||96||95||95||92||93|
|Copper corrosion, 3 hours @ 100° C ATSM D 130||1b||1b||1b||1b||1b||1b||1b|
|Pour point, °C, ATSM D 97||-27||-24||-21||-18||-18||-12||-12|
|Flash point (COC), °C, ATSM D 92||212||218||225||222||238||238||242|
|Density @ 15° C, kg/l, ATSM D 4052||0.847||0.854||0.863||0.872||0.879||0.884||0.895|
|These data are given as an indication of typical values, not as exact specifications.|
Industry And OEM Specifications
|Black Diamond Rock Drill Oil meets the performance requirements of the following OEM specifications|
|Gardner Denver||Light, medium and heavy rock drill oils|
|Ingersoll-Rand||Light, medium and heavy rock drill oils|
Accuracy of Information
Data provided in this PDS is typical and subject to change as a result of continuing product research and development. The information given was correct at the time of publishing. The typical values given are subject to variations in the testing procedures and the manufacturing process may also result in slight variations. Black Diamond guarantees that its lubricants meet any industry and OEM specifications referred to on this data sheet.
Black Diamond cannot be held responsible for any deterioration in the product due to incorrect storage or handling. Information on best practice is available from your local distributor.
Product and Environmental safety
This product should not cause any health problems when used in the applications suggested and when guidance provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is followed. Please consult the MSDS for more detailed advice on handling. MSDS's are available from your local distributor. Do not use the product in applications other than suggested.
As with all products, please take care to avoid environmental contamination when disposing of the product. Used oil should be sent for reclamation/recycling or, if not possible, must be disposed of according to relevant government/authority regulations.
The Black Diamond trademark is registered and protected in Australia.